Thursday, January 24, 2008

In Bruges - and Elsewhere

Megan and I attended a screening the other night of the movie "In Bruges" with Colin Farrell and Ralph Fiennes at E Street Cinema. I've known for some time now that I'm not a movie person and often have a hard time describing a movie to someone after I've seen it. I think it's because I just get distracted and start thinking about things that have nothing to do with the film itself.
I started thinking about: how beautiful Bruges is and why I've never been to Europe; why there were no members of the press in the many "press seats" which forced Megan and I to sit way too close to the screen; what qualifies one to be a member of the press; how the word 'fuck' sounds so much better with a British accent; if Colin Farrell purposefully grew a unibrow for the film; and how thirsty I had become for a good Belgian beer because there seemed to be beer drinking in every scene.

Given my last thought, I headed to The Reef in Adams Morgan which has great Belgian beers on tap. I had the Winter Koninck and pretended I was in Bruges for a while. I tried to tell the bartender what the movie is about but all I could think to say was that it's about a couple of hitmen with a conscious which just sounds like an oxymoron. It gets released next month. Cheers!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: