Well hello again blogosphere! Yeah, I know. It's been awhile. That's life for ya. Let's just say I've been inspired by the arrival of fall. I used my rainy day off today to hang out in one of my favorite neighborhood spots, Azi's Cafe. This was exactly what I needed. I love this place and Azi herself (so sweet!). And I always know I can get a perfect cup of coffee. The Miriam Makeba CD playing made me realize what's missing from my iPod. I caught up on the latest haps by flipping through the City Paper and tearing out pages that interest me; it's one of my favorite past times. I began to think about all the things I'm looking forward to:
- Sade's tour this summer. First tour in ten years? Wouldn't miss it. How cool that she kicks off so close in Baltimore at the Mariner Arena!
- Fall boots, bags, and vegetables. I love fall vegetables: sweet potatoes, turnips, squash...farmer's markets here I come, sporting my new fall boots!
- The opening of Rogue 24 in Shaw. A great restaurant less than a block away from my place is very exciting.
- Shopping for a new mattress. It's official: I'm old. I've been sleeping on a pitiful mattress for years now and the effect is taking its toll. This irritable, body-aching, like I haven't slept at all feeling when I wake up has got to stop. Mattress shopping will begin this weekend.
- A vacation - anywhere. Ok, not anywhere. Visiting my family is not a vacation and the last time I was in Jersey, a bear was on the loose. Oh no!
- And last but not least, Derek's blow-out birthday party this weekend. He refuses to tell my how old he is (yes, he is gay) but I'm thinking, 39? All I know is that I need to prepare for a serious hangover the next day!