Thursday, March 5, 2009

Spring Is In the Air

What is it about this time of year? It seems as though when spring nears, men are out and on the hunt and they tend to be young 20-somethings. I blogged about this phenomenon last year at about this same time. In the past few weeks I have been approached by and/or gone out with several of them. Given that I'm in my 30's, I do feel the need to set boundaries. I won't go out with anyone under 25. I have a hard time setting an upper limit though. I would say 50 but last year I went out with a 56 year old German neurosurgeon. We had great fun but he did feel like a father and that was rather creepy. But anyway, getting back to the young guys. You gotta love them. They're so cute and eager to please. It's also funny how they like the idea of going out with an "older woman". Tonight I went out to dinner for the first time at the The Source with a 27 year old. The food was great and I love the decor. I may be older but this guy has been married and divorced and has a child. I'm still pondering my adulthood. So, wait...am I now a cougar?

Sphere: Related Content

6 comments:

Joe iI said...

Young guys look for older women because they know that they are desperate for attention and are willing to do more to get it. After around 25, women start to lose their looks and start to notice that women much much younger are starting to take away all of the attention. The woman in her 30s usually has men much younger looking for a good time chasing her, or men who are much older who are willing to accept a woman past her 20s. Men in their 30s, if not married, are looking for women in their 20s.

Calliope said...

I have remarked on this phenomenon to my friends over the past two years. When spring rolls around it's like men come out of hibernation. It is the most bizarre thing.

Roll with the young guys asking you out... they can be a lot of fun. Plus, I don't think that you're a cougar unless YOU go after THEM and they're more than 10 years younger than you.

Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Before you get inundated with requests from other Express readers, when's the next free slot in your calendar??

-Newly 27

City Girl DC said...

Joe il - sorry but I beg to differ. I can unfortunately recall feeling desperate in my 20's. A lot of it from societal pressure to be in a relationship and get married by 30. Once I realized I wanted and deserved more in life, none of that mattered. From what I see, women get wiser, more attractive, make better choices, and enjoy life more as they get older, especially in their 30's. The 20-something men I've been meeting talk about long-term stuff and I'm the one who's like, whoa! Men "looking" for women in their 20's as you say, just sounds pathetic. Just curious, but how old are those women on The Bachelor?

City Girl DC said...

Calliope - I agree, it's very bizzare especially since I've completely given up on trying to meet guys or be in a relationship anymore. Fun is good.

Anonymous - send me a picture and I'll let you know what my calendar looks like! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have to disagree with Joe iL when it comes to that theory on younger guys and older women. I firmly believe that the older woman is just more appealing to the younger man, for various reasons...the 'older woman' is typically more confident, has her own agenda, knows what she wants and knows what she is unwilling to accept.

From the sounds of it, you are not a Cougar so have fun with it and enjoy yourself. Yes indeed, spring is in the air:-)