Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baltimore? Oh Yes!

Update: Unfortunately, Frankie Knuckles was not the featured DJ due to illness, but Timmy Regisford of Club Shelter skillfully stepped in. With N'Dea Davenport's short but sweet performance, this was a great night and well worth the cover given that proceeds were donated to NextAid. Good fun for a good cause!

Ok, so I live in DC. That much should be obvious. Going to Baltimore is not really on the table - ever. Not unless there is a really good reason. And tonight there really is a good reason. Frankie Knuckles, legendary Chicago house DJ, will be at the Paradox. I've never been there but it's one of those places I've been meaning to get to. Ultra Nate is the infamous DJ behind the theme song of one of my all-time favorite movies, Party Girl, and reigns the helm at Paradox. In addition to Frankie, my girl N'Dea Davenport of the Brand New Heavies will be performing as well. I've seen the Heavies at the 9:30 Club and they are as amazing live as on CD largely because of her amazing voice. This is the making of a great night and I plan to be there with dancing shoes on! From what I understand this party is BYOB, so I will be armed with the requisite good stuff!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: