Friday, May 30, 2008

SATC at Last!

Well, I just returned from an advance screening of the Sex and the City Movie and as I imagined, it did not disappoint. If you are as big of a fan of the show as I am, you couldn't wait until this movie came out. I have the entire DVD set at home and would pop one in whenever I felt the need. Like needing to see a particular episode that reminds you of a date you just had. I swear that at this point in my life, every crazy thing that happened to them, has happened to me as well. I have now had every freaky dating situation there is to have! But the show was about so much more than men and sex. They became like your own girlfriends and the friendships were so familiar. I will not however, give anything away for those of you who haven't seen it yet.
What I will say is that if you haven't already arranged a spot for you and your friends to have cocktails before and/or after the movie, you should seriously consider Corduroy. As I've mentioned before, the restaurant recently reopened in a new location across from the Convention Center. The chef is highly acclaimed Tom Power and the food is amazing. What I am loving most is the incredibly chic bar and lounge upstairs. The service is impeccable and bartender Pichan, has just introduced his new lemongrass cocktail. Delicious! A great way to toast to a great movie.

Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!! I am sooo jealous! We've got tickets for Saturday night and drinks after at Coco Sala in Penn Quarter....I cannot wait and I knew it wouldn't disappoint!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh and I just tagged you for a blog forward from Liz...sorry :(

Anonymous said...

You, dear lady, are a jetsetter! Adventures in Shaw and I are going on Saturday night. So excited.

Jackie said...

I can't wait to see the movie! I definitely Google particular episode scenes or themes and then pop in that DVD to reminisce about different life events.

City Girl DC said...

Girls, you are going to love the movie!!! Can't wait to dish with you afterwards.