Ok, so this blog is in no way political. Well, I guess you could argue that everything is political - relationships in particular. But I am really not a politics kind of gal, which is the perfect lead into my big issue right now - Sarah Palin. I'm all about women having power, but this just offends me. Look, I'm not even going to get into my party preference, voting tendencies, and stand on major issues. This shit is about right and wrong and to be honest, I'm scared. I saw the Vice Presidential debates and the Katie Couric interviews, which just got worse and worse each day. Here's just a little of what scares me about the Republican Vice Presidential nominee:
- Thinks being gay is a choice
- Seems to think the morning after pill is an abortion pill
- Thinks global warming is part of some cyclical weather pattern and not due to human activity
- Can't/won't name a newspaper she's read
- Can't name a Supreme Court case other than Roe vs. Wade (imagine that)
- And, let's not forget she's a shooter. Don't we have enough gun-toting shooters in DC?
- Her speech is worse than a 3rd grader in one of America's worst schools: also, fersure, doggonit, youbetcha - do we really want 4 years of that?
- Tried to ban books in Alaska
Can we all just get serious for a moment? This country is facing serious issues. What I don't need is a wink and a smile! Sphere: Related Content