Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend @ Chez Moi

Do you ever go through periods of time where you have no physical or mental energy to go out and socialize? Well, as hard as it is to believe, I do occasionally. Like this weekend, even with the weather being so nice. I had an overwhelming desire to just stay home, cook, sleep, surf the net, watch TV, and think - not in that order. I was basically a homebody all weekend. Oh wait, not the entire weekend. I did go out on Friday for a late night snack and drinks at Kramer's with an old guy friend, but this was not very memorable. If I answer the phone when he calls it means that I'm bored and he's been out all night and is on his way home to the burbs but is looking for company and a nightcap. And I did venture out to the grocery store for a paper and a few ingredients to make a lentil curry (picture not mine but my dish looked very similar) I saw online. I absolutely love videos that accompany recipes! I was introduced to "domestic goddess" Anjum Anand by the DC food blog WhereInDC. Her lentil curry recipe seemed like something I could do and I love strong flavors. Chopping up vegetables and watching things simmer and saute, turned out to be very relaxing. With a side of rice and a handful of cilantro, this turned out really well. While at Giant, I also picked up a Malbec on sale. Lucky me, as it turned out that this is a great wine to pair with spicy Indian flavors. Good food, wine, and repeats of crime dramas (I'm beginning to love Without a Trace) can often be the best weekend of all. I even resisted the temptation to respond to the after midnight text from a random guy on Saturday night.

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

SteamyKitchen said...

I've been in a unsociable funk for the past 3 weeks! just busy and getting lots of work done. time to snap out of it!

City Girl DC said...

There's been a lot of that going around. Like my friend over at Adventures in Shaw. Must be the lunar cycle :)

silversage said...

Let's hope your friend did not catch any nasty Std's from her friendly sailor (moon) dude, or a lifetime financial,and emotional commitment, i.e. a star child,born of lunar love.

silversage said...

He who wrestles a gorilla will find his backsides dusty.