Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Ultimate Shoes

I heard about Cole Haan and Nike teaming up to produce stylish and comfortable shoes for women but hadn't gotten around to testing them out. Megan recently purchased a pair and is now hooked. I decided I absolutely had to check them out and now the Geena Air OT Pump will be my spring/summer favorite shoes!
It's like a revolution has taken place. A manufacturer of women's high heels has actually had the sense to create comfortable shoes. Could it really have been that hard to do all these years? While I love a pedicure just for the sake of it, it has been a necessity due to my need to be cute wherever I go. Yes, they are at least $300 a pair but it's worth I think. And Cole Haan has always been known for quality. A small investment to be stylish while I walk, shop, dance, whatever. The problem is that DC streets are not kind to heels.
Even the best shoes in the world can fall victim to DC shoe traps: metro escalators, sidewalks, grates, sewers, etc. The other day I got this email from Megan:

I almost became a statistic on metro this morning. I had to dress up today b/c I had a meeting scheduled. I'm going up the escalator at Foggy Bottom, about to step onto the sidewalk when I realize my heel is caught in the grate on the escalator step!! A moment of panic ensued but I was able to free myself without falling or coming completely out of my shoe. The left heel of my beautiful Cole Haan's bare the teeth marks of Metro but it's barely noticeable. Wearing fabulous shoes and Metro just don't mix.....

Sphere: Related Content

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The whole reason I got into tango was for the shoes...

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! The shoes are great - very comfy. However, they can't hold a candle to Louboutins in terms of the "ultimate" shoe!! :-)

TPWP said...

My precious pair of extremely rare Louboutins got caught in a Metro floor vent, it was an ordeal getting them lose, I almost cried, glad to hear yours escaped almost unharmed!

WhereInDC said...

I love Cole Haan shoes...and if you go to Leesburg, you can find them for 110-150.

Sorority in the City said...

I have one of the other Nike-Cole Haan shoes and they're fantastic. Definitely worth the price tag.

Anonymous said...

I do love Cole Haan shoes... and I love their handbags, as well. I'm thrifty when it comes to actual clothing, but when it comes to accessorizing... I can't help myself.

Anonymous said...

No doubt !! Those shoes are really ultimate, stylish and comfortable. Best for spring/summer.