Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That Time of Year

Yes, it's that time of year - tax time. That means catching up with an old accounting friend to get the dreaded deed out of the way. Since this was cause for celebration, I stopped to visit another old friend - Aroma - to have an "I just finished my taxes" martini. It was a frequent stop when I lived in the neighborhood. I caught up with lots of people I hadn't seen in years and the place hadn't changed a bit, including the smoke. Aroma was the first bar to get an exemption from the smoking ban that went into effect a couple of years ago. It's strange to me that I was ever able to tolerate the smell. While this is still one of the best neighborhood bars in DC, the smoke and its after effect, was not pleasant. Hmmm... kind of like owing Uncle Sam.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: