Friday, January 23, 2009

Inauguration Reflection







Now that's one hot couple!






I still don't think the enormity of the past few days has really set in for me. For the most part, when it comes to politics (and men), I'm cynical and apathetic. But I was definitely overwhelmed by this history-making event and the degree of excitement in the air. I mean, as a country have we ever seen such love, adoration, and support for anyone, much less a politician? Some of the things I saw: the Obama Burger (pic below), Barack Obama water, a ChocObama candy bar at ACKC for $8.50, Barackwurst, Obama Hennessy bottles at the liquor store around the corner, Obama acrylic nails, saints bracelets with the saints replaced with Obama...While I want to linger in the moment, I am cautious only because I know that public opinion can change quite quickly. But I've decided to revel for now.











Sign outside of the Grand Slam at the Grand Hyatt. I didn't have one but was told by the manager that it was a blackened burger with blue cheese. Uh, blackened?













These guys were apparently drunk and asking for money.











Not something I see often in my neighborhood.

















This either. Satellite central.




















Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, to say the least, this historical event brought about an overwhelming feeling of emotions to most of us. I just hope that after the crowds have dissipated, and the media has vacated seen and unseen parts of the city, and the 'IN with the new and OUT with the old' frenzy has calmed...I just hope that our new president continues to receive the same (if not more) support of this country.