Now that the temperature is way down, it's hard even for me to want to go out. Just the idea of packing on the layers, walking through howling wind, and rushing from door to door to get out of the cold is enough to make me reconsider the journey. So, wherever I go has got to be worth it. A new environment usually does the trick and there's enough new stuff in DC to make it worthwhile:
- Vinoteca - wine bar at 11th and U NW
- Veranda - restaurant at 11th and P NW; can't wait to try the ricotta cheesecake!
- Red Derby - bar on 14th near Columbia Heights/Georgia Ave metro; can't beat a beer and a shot for $5!
- Cork - on 14th in Logan Circle; according to fellow city girl Megan, it's not open just yet
- The Park at 14th - at 14th and I NW; the cocktails named after First Ladies sound quite interesting